You are here: Home » Services » Property for Rent in Chichester, Bognor Regis & Surrounding Areas » Property Inspection Checklist
Property Inspection Checklist
Preparing for a Property Inspection and Checking Out
When your tenancy comes to an end the Landlord or property management company will conduct an inspection to ensure you have maintained it according to your tenancy agreement.
Below are some useful tips to ensure a successful inspection and that you have the best chance of receiving your deposit back in full.
Preparing for a property inspection and checking out
When your tenancy comes to an end the Landlord or property management company will conduct an inspection to ensure you have maintained it according to your tenancy agreement. Below are some useful tips to ensure a successful inspection and that you have the best chance of receiving your deposit back in full.
Check your inventory and ensure all items are present in the property. Replace any missing items.
Thoroughly clean the entire property (use our cleaning checklist below and tick as tasks are done).
- Cleaning task done
- Clean down all skirting boards, architraves and doors.
- Clean and polish all furniture inside and out.
- Professionally clean curtains and re-hang curtains.
- Clean all soft furnishings including cushions, rugs etc.
- Clean all carpets ensuring any stains are completely removed.
- Where present, chimneys have to be swept if they have been used.
- Clean all walls and re-paint where necessary.
- Clean thoroughly throughout ensure you include light shades, sockets, behind and above furniture and in all cupboards.
- Clear ceilings of any cobwebs.
- Clean wall tiles in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Clean all kitchenware and leave on the worktop areas.
- Defrost and clean fridge and freezer and ensure doors are left open.
- Clean out dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier.
- Tidy up any exterior grounds including any yards, garden areas and outbuildings
- Mow areas laid to lawn, tidy borders and trim hedges and shrubs back.
- Ensure garden refuge is cleared away and bins cleaned.
- Sweep all paths and clean all garden furniture.
- Garden tools must be cleaned and be in a serviceable order.
- Take meter readings, notify service providers and finalise payments.
- Re-direct your mail to your new address.
- Terminate any deliveries arranged to the address.
- Return all keys and parking permits to the Landlord or management company.