How to sell your home in a difficult market
Here’s the thing, when it comes to selling your property in a difficult market, it’s not about choosing the agent that gives you the best valuation for your property or the one that quotes the lowest fees. On the surface, basing your decision on either of these doesn’t seem like a bad idea, does it?
Now let me tell you the whole story. Being lured-in by the opportunity to achieve a higher selling price or saving a few quid on the fees can really backfire on you. Not only that, but in a difficult market or if you need to sell quickly – it can leave you high and dry.
- If your property is priced unrealistically, you’ll struggle to get any viewings or more importantly, offers. But you you can always reduce the price right? Of course you can but price reductions tend to smack of desperation and open up the way for silly offers. On top of that you would have wasted a lot of time (perhaps the busiest buying periods of the year) without any interest on your property.
- If you go with an estate agent that charges low-fees, you need to ask yourself, “Where are they cutting corners?” Can they offer low-fees but can’t afford to advertise your property anywhere that your prospective buyers are looking? On top of that, if you eventually get an offer, with low-fees, the percentage commission isn’t high enough for the agent to bother trying to achieve the best sale price for you. Trying to get you that extra few thousand in the negotiation won’t make much difference to that agent. So why should they go the extra mile?
Let’s face it, getting the highest price possible for your property is what everyone wants. And no-one wants to pay more than they have to for their selling fees. But selling your home in this market can be tough.
So how do you get your property sold for a realistic price, at a reasonable cost and in a difficult market?
Instead of tying yourself into a lengthy contract with a Chichester or Bognor Regis estate agent that can only differentiate themselves on price, choosing the agent that sells the most property is a surefire way to sell your home in a difficult market.
‘For Sale Sign Analysis’ shows that Whiteheads sell more property than anyone else in both Bognor Regis and Chichester. The ‘For Sale Sign Analysis’ is an independent report that measures how many properties are sold in each area of the country and is published every 3-months.
Here’s the thing, Whiteheads have been consistently selling more property in Bognor Regis than anyone else since January 2011. What’s more, the office was only opened in 2010.
On top of that we have become market leaders in Chichester despite only opening a new office there in January 2012.
We’ll always give you an honest appraisal of what your property is truly worth and our fees are competitive. Most of the properties we take on sell in under 60-days.
Call us today on 01243 770022 for your free,no obligation valuation.
- How To Decide Which Estate Agents in Bognor Regis is Right for You
- Announcing Whiteheads Estate Agents Chichester Office
- Actions Speak Louder than Words...
- Finding the Right Estate Agents in Bognor Regis is Easier than You Think
- How Your Local School Can Benefit from You Selling Your Home with Whiteheads Estate Agents in Bognor Regis